2 min read
Week One: The DBC Xperience
After a tiring day, I can find humor with that man giving a hand to the bird while Cinnamon Toast Crunch sprinkles from above
This week completes my first week at Dev Bootcamp. It’s been a whirlwind of emotions, from the very beginning on Monday morning to my very frustrated work solo yesterday. Here are some takeaways that I had.
- Pair programming is a lot better in person than remotely
- When you’re frustrated with what you’re doing while your pair gets it, you have yourself a teacher
- Vice versa also works because you become the teacher when you get it and your pair doesn’t
- Remember to pseudocode: too much effort was wasted not planning how the code will look like because you can waste time with an approach in your head that actually won’t work
- The energy at the place is just exhilarating. Literally, I think I’ve hugged more people in this past week than in any other time frame of my life. At the end of the engineering empathy sessions and sharing what’s going on in your life in a comfort circle has brought me to confront my emotions.
- That frustration will pass, even though that inner voice mother fucker can’t shut up when you’re in it
Really looking forward to next week.