2 min read
2023 Week 39 - Weekly Notes
I’m back from the very last Strangeloop and from visiting my cousin for her baby shower in Las Vegas. I forgot how it feels to do non-stop traveling back-to-back. Reminds me of the time I traveled across the US, then hopped on a plane to South Korea.
I took this idea of “Weekly Notes” from Jamie Tanna who I met at Strangeloop, and I thought this would be a wonderful recurring segment for the blog. Even if I have low readership, this is a nice capsule to look at for my monthly, quarterly, and annual reviews. 😁
- Derek Sivers updated his post on Tech Independence, where it’s a single command now
- DALL·E 3 - [[OpenAI]] updated DALLE where prompt engineering is needed much less. Positioning is a lot better, with context
- There’s a new map style on OpenStreetMap.org! The Tracestrack Topo map from @tracestrack.
- I would love to train an AI to teach dying languages. It was inspiring to see OpenAI use GPT-4 to help the Government of Iceland with this problem.
- Watched Martin Kleppmann’s talk from Strangeloop: “New algorithms for collaborative text editing”