2 min read
2023 Week 45 - Weekly Notes
Daylight savings is a pain. It’s 4:30pm and it’s already a sunset. Some people get Seasonal affective disorder, I get sad with the daylight receding. With that, let’s talk weekly notes.
- Digital Nomads - Official Andalusia tourism website
- Mint is shutting down, and it’s pushing users toward Credit Karma - The Verge
- I still get alerts from Mint, so this appears to be a task to add for future budgeting
- LA Times: Matthew Perry, ‘Friends’ star, dead at 54 | CNN
- Whole Earth Index
- Good conversations have lots of doorknobs
- Attenuating Innovation (AI) – Stratechery by Ben Thompson
- Episodic Future Thinking (EFT) - EFT is defined as “the capacity to imagine or simulate events that might occur in one’s personal future”.
- Drugmakers Are Set to Pay 23andMe Millions to Access Consumer DNA: Health
- As one of those suckers who did one of these tests, welp
- Tyson Recalling Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets After Complaints of Metal Pieces - The New York Times
- For one of the best selling products out there for Tyson, this one sounds like it hurts
- How AI fake nudes ruin teenagers’ lives - The Washington Post
- How Discord Can Serve Millions of Users From a Single Server
- Introducing GPTs
- 90-year-old Regal UA Berkeley theater to close after bankruptcy filing
- The announcement came earlier this year. As someone who loved going to these three theaters, UA, Shattack Cinema, and California Cinema, in Berkeley throughout the ’90s and ’00s, this was heartbreaking.
- I remember seeing Lord of the Rings: The Twin Towers at the UA after school, and it was magical. Something about not having these theaters for the next generation breaks my heart
- I also distinctly going to see Spirited Away at Shattack Cinema, and remembering how Miyazaki movies instill magic into them.
- Laufey x Norah Jones + Christmas